These housing markets have bucked the national trend in 2008 and avoided the subprime crisis, the consultancy says.
Whatever the future holds for the housing market as a whole, Housing Predictor forecasts that these cities will continue to see steady, dependable growth.
Top cities and the percentage sales prices have increased so far in 2008.
- Biloxi, Miss., 4.9 percent
- Salem, Ore., 4.7 percent
- Bismarck, N.D., 4.6 percent
- Spokane, Wash., 4.4 percent
- Yakima, Wash., 4.1 percent
- Austin, Texas, 4.0 percent
- Grand Junction, Colo., 4.0 percent
- Fargo, N.D., 4.0 percent
- Mobile, Ala., 3.9 percent
- Albuquerque, N.M., 3.5 percent
Source: Housing Predictor (11/15/08)